Monday, July 15, 2013

Monthly Book and Movie Review

One of the the things that I would like to do is reivew the books that I have read and the Movies that I have watched each month.  You may have noticed on the side of the blog is a collection of lists that I am trying to complete.  It is a mixture of book lists, movie lists and tv episode lists.  Some of the book lists include the 1001 books to read before you die, The NEW York times Top 100, The Big Read.  Some of the movie lists include 1001 Movies to see before you die, American Film Institute's 100 Best Films, the films that have won the Oscar for Best Picture.

I am going to try a review the books that I have read and movies that I have watched in the last month.  I will warn you now, I typically read for plot, not for the underlying symbolism or the alliterations or all that stuff that I was supposed to remember for English class in high school and college.

Currently Reading/Listening:
  • The Alchemist by Paulo Coehlo
  • Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
  • The 4 Percent Universe: Dark Matter, Dark Energy, and the Race to Discover the Rest of Reality by Richard Panek
  • The Bible
Movies I have watched this Month
  • Despicable Me 2.  I loved it. You may quickly learn that I love kids movies.  Disney, Pixar, most animated movies.  This movie was funny and as cute as the three girls are, the minions totally steal the movie.

    I admit that I am going to try and watch at least one movie a weekend.  Many will probably be older films as I try to complete some of the lists that I am working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment